The musicians that would become Holiday Friends first met in the college town of Moscow, Idaho. There, they formed a cover band whose name was so vulgar that they blushed when retelling the story during our Stagepass interview. Although these early years made a lasting impact (their live show retains obvious elements from their party band past), the group quickly outgrew the creative constraints of being a college band. According to bass player Zack O’Conner, they sought a “more focused path.” That maturation process included a name change and eventual relocation to Astoria, Oregon in 2011 where the four piece pop-rock outfit has since honed a tight, hook-heavy sound.
Holiday Friends is Scott Fagerland, Jon Fagerland, Zack O’Connor, and Joey Ficken. They played this opbmusic Stagepass Concert on February 9 and performed songs from their sophomore release Major Magic. They have an upcoming show on April 23rd at the Aladdin Theater in Portland, Oregon.
- Director: Matthew Thomas Ross
- Editor: Jarratt Taylor
- Cameras: Matthew Thomas Ross, Nate Sjol, Jarratt Taylor, Harrisen Howes, Hannah Andrews
- Audio Recording and Mixes: Graham Nystrom, Steven Kray
- Lighting: Matthew Rosvold
- Production Design: Hannah Andrews
- Executive Producer: David Christensen